Perth & Kinross Council Archive
1. Labour Party (Perth) 1937-c1939: miscellaneous Labour Party and related publications. 912 J. Guild (Jun.) Secretary 3 North Methven Street. Includes copy of Perth Herald published by Perth Trades and Industrial Council Issue No. 1 autumn, 1936. E.T.U. publication: What E.T.U. Members think of NCLC Postal Courses. Labour Party (Perth) 1937: miscellaneous Labour Party and related publications – includes Labour‘s Policy for Our Countryside, Labour and the Distressed Areas a Programme for Immediate Action, Labour’s Pension Plan for Old Age, Widows and Children and New Zealand‘s Progress under Socialism. Labour Party (Perth) 1938 publication – Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy have invaded Spain. Labour Party (Perth) 1939: miscellaneous Labour Party and related publications – includes ARP Labour’s Policy and Labour’s Policy for the Schools. The Perth Herald – Labour Party newspaper Issue number 1 autumn 1936. National Unemployed Workers Movement 1939: request for financial assistance from Electrical Trades Union for arrested members of the movement.
2. Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen (ASLEF) Perth branch, records 1921-1979. Includes: material related to national negotiations, 1921-1925; minutes of meetings of central wages board and railway staff council, 1921-1925. 0.14 metres. MS39 Perth Loco L.D.C. L.V.’E. 1938-39: Secretary G. Murray; Chairman J. Christie; LDC Member Chas McIntosh. 1939-40 as above. LVE Locomotive Depot. Meetings held in trades club rooms. In November they met at the York House Hotel. All business like issues relating to Bank Holiday entitlements and lieu days and similar. Perth is in District 7 Revised Rules 1922.
3. Amalgamated Society of Woodworkers, Perth branch, records 1895-1964. Includes: minute books, 1895-1964.
4. Association for Improving the Condition of the Poor in Perth or neighbourhood, records 1894-1979.
5 Bakers and Allied Workers, Scottish Union of, Perth branch, records 1897-1961. Includes: minute books, 1897-1961.
6. Leith, Edinburgh & District Coopers Society, Perth branch, minutes 1913-1950.
7. National Association of Local Government Officers (NALGO), National Association of Perthshire, records 1929-1993. Includes: minutes of Perth City and Perthshire branches, 1929-1947. 0.07 metres.
8. National Union of Railwaymen (NUR), Perth branch, records 1923-1968. Includes: minutes, 1887-1957; and Perth No. 1 Branch minutes, 1929-1947. 0.36 metres.