Atholl Palace Hotel and Museum – Pitlochry – Positioned over Pitlochry and Strathtummel this H-plan chateau was designed by Andrew Helton Jnr and built between 1874 and 1878. It has had various roles – Hydropathic Centre, Temporary School (during WWI) and today a hotel. A museum also exists within the basement of the palace dedicated to the buildings’ roles and those who have been involved in it.
Blair Atholl Distillery – Perth Road, Pitlochry – This is one of the oldest working distilleries in Scotland, dating back to 1798. Today it distills a 12 year old single malt.
Camserney Longhouse – near Grandtully – One of a number of buildings which made up an 18th Century farming settlement or fermtoun.
Cupmarked Stones of Strathtay – Aberfeldy – Found across this area but especially in Lundin and Croft Moraig (stone circle).
David Douglas Pavilion – Explorers Garden, Pitlochry – A recent construction (2002) the pavilion was designed by Gaia Architects of Dunkeld to commemorate the work of David Douglas. The pavilion roof looks like a folded leaf and is covered with sawn larch shingles. In tribute to the Douglas Fir this tree forms the key timber of the construction.
Moulin Kirk – Moulin – Built in 1830 on a site that dates back to the medieval period the church at Moulin is now a local history centre. The first church at Moulin was founded by St. Colman in AD670. Of note is the graveyard that contains several medieval gravestones including two slabs incised with swords. A fire damaged the church in 1870 and as part of the reconstruction a tower was added. The church closed its doors to worshippers in 1990.
Moulin Brewery – Moulin – Situated in the coach house of an early 18th century inn this brewery is recently opened.
St Mary’s Chapel – Grandtully – This fine pre-Reformation chapel was founded in 1533 by Alexander Stewart of Grandtully as church to Pitcairn. It was a parish church until 1883. Although the outside is quite plain the inside ceiling is magnificent – consisting of very colourful biblical and heraldic panels set in trompe-l’oeil coffers and strapwork which date from around 1636. Of note is the finely painted wooden ceiling, featuring biblical and heraldic panels.
The Watermill – Mill Street, Aberfeldy – A former oatmeal mill built in 1826 in a gothic style, the Watermill in Aberfeldy is known as McKerchar and McNaughton’s mill. The mill was working until 1983 and underwent extensive restoration in 1988. A further period of neglect was ended when it was converted into a bookshop, coffee bar and art gallery. Faithfully modified many of the original features remain and are displayed. Of note is the 15′ cast iron overshot water wheel fed by a lade taking water from Moness Burn.